- Can this content be delivered on iPhone?
- And Whiteboard and iPad?How much will it cost?
- Can we be ready in time with device launch?
- What if flash is not supported or if ePub is not supported by that new device?
Just to give perspective to the market scenario, here are only some of the media, platforms, framework & standards that a publisher need to worry about in 2010.
Answer to this situation is defining organization content schema. Basically, content publishing should become plug and play and no better way of achieving this other then defining organization schema.
So how will organization content schema help?
- Protect against uncertainty of emerging devices & trends by easily reflowing information to new specs.
- Keep content separate from layout, instructions & functionality. A must considering content will be flowing on all sorts of devices.
- Ability to sell individual chunks. Need of the next generation
In my next article we will dive deeper into the content/schema framework in the evolving digital content marketplace.